Absolutely delighted that we can now proceed to Step 3 of the Roadmap, which can be read in full at COVID-19 Response - Spring 2021, on 17 May as planned.
The key changes are as follows:
Step 3 from 17 May:
- Rule of 6 or 2 households will apply indoors, and up to 30 people can meet outdoors.
- Overnight stays away from home now permitted within the above indoor limits.
- Social distancing is no longer required between friends and family. Caution should be given to vulnerability when doing so.
- Social distancing still required when not with friends and family.
- Face coverings are no longer required in secondary schools
- All remaining university students can return to in-person teaching
Care home visits
- Number of designated visitors to increase from 2 to 5
Businesses and activities
- Indoor hospitality can reopen (with table service in place).
- Indoor entertainment venues such as cinemas and children's play areas can reopen.
- Accommodation such as hotels can reopen.
- Indoor adult groups sports and exercise classes can resume.
- Indoor events permitted with a capacity of 1,000 people or 50% capacity, whichever is lowest.
- Outdoor events permitted with a capacity of 4,000 people, or 50% capacity, whichever is lowest
- Large seated outdoor venues permitted to hold events for up to 10,000 people or at 25% capacity, whichever is lowest
- Up to 30 people permitted to attend weddings, wedding receptions and wakes.
- Limit will also apply to other types of significant life events, such as christenings.
- No Government limit on the number of mourners permitted to attend a funeral.
- Travel to green-list countries now permitted, but travel is still not without its risks at this stage. Travellers must remain vigilant to the possibility of unexpected changes that may occur whilst abroad.